Accounting and Human Resources Manager
About Trillium Asset Management
Trillium Asset Management offers investment strategies and services that advance humankind towards a global sustainable economy, a just society, and a better world. The firm has been at the forefront of ESG thought leadership and draws from decades of experience focused exclusively on responsible investing. Trillium uses a holistic, fully integrated fundamental investment process to uncover compelling long‐term investment opportunities. Devoted to aligning stakeholders’ values and objectives, Trillium combines impactful investment solutions with active ownership. Owned by Australian based Perpetual Limited, Trillium independently operates it’s US based investment management firm to deliver equity, fixed income, and alternative investments to institutions, intermediaries, high net worth individuals, and other charitable and non‐profit organizations. The firm’s true goal is to provide positive impact, long‐term value, and ‘social dividends’ for investors.
Trillium seeks a talented financial executive who brings strong analytical skills, an entrepreneurial spirit, and the commitment to help build an infrastructure that can support the firms continued growth. The Accounting and Human Resources Manager has operational and strategic responsibility and contributes to and leads the execution of accounting and human resource strategies, programs and initiatives. Reporting directly to the COO, a successful candidate would be a trusted leader and advisor who operates with a high level of integrity, instilling the trust of employees at all levels. The position is responsible and accountable for general corporate accounting and financial compliance of the company. A key function would be to prepare all accounting transactions and functions to provide relevant fiscal information to the executive management team. This role is currently supported by a consultant. Additionally, this role interfaces with Perpetual’s accounting and finance teams. Applicants will need to be highly personable and private, as they will also oversee the internal human resource function.
Duties and Responsibilities:
· Responsible for the oversight of the entire accounting and finance process of the firm.
· Daily accounting operations required to manage the operating budget and general ledger, net assets, analysis, pricing, and contracts.
· Provide monthly accounting close procedures and deliverables, which includes journal entries, reconciliations, and reports within compliance of US and UK corporate accounting standards.
· Prepare quarterly financial statements and process required filings for all business entities, including satellite US and UK office operations.
· Identify and continuously drive improvement efforts in the automation of the accounting and reporting processes.
· Assist in coordinating quarterly reviews and testing with internal and external auditors.
· Ensure an accurate and timely payroll, including but not limited to: base pay, stock compensation, payroll taxes, and bonus pay in order to ensure compliance with federal, state, and local payroll, wage, and employment laws.
· Administer health/dental and disability/life plans, insurance, and quarterly contributions.
· Responsible for handling all employee lifecycle changes and transactions (including but not limited to new hire, promotion, transfer, leave of absence, termination, I‐9 verification, benefits, etc.).
· Assist with recruitment efforts. Screen candidates, coordinate interviews, conduct reference checks and enforce recruitment practices.
· Maintain and update the Employee Handbook and various policies in compliance with federal, state, and local employment laws and regulations.
· Annually work with Health Insurance providers and other benefit renewals (prepare census, discussions with staff, coordinate management meeting, any enrollment changes)
· Manage and administer the company benefits programs and annual open enrollment process.
· Works closely with management and employees to improve work relationships, build morale, and increase productivity, retention and cultural progress.
· Research, develop, recommend, and execute creative strategies to drive Diversity, Equity, Accessibility & Inclusion (DEAI) initiatives throughout the organization.
· Bachelor’s degree in business administration (or equivalent) and/or CPA license.
· 10 years of experience with significant experience working for an RIA / Investment Management Firm.
· Minimum 5 years’ experience managing a team and the human resource function including all aspects of benefits, employment law, and year‐end reviews.
· Proficiency in accounting, financial reporting, profitability analysis, and budgeting/strategic planning.
· Balance sheet management experience, including investment and securities operations, asset liability management, treasury, pricing, and/or interest rate management.
· Technological Proficiency with experience using QuickBooks and payroll programs (ADP) and an expert in Excel macros and reporting automation.
· Experience in UK Human Resource & Finance policies and regulations would be a plus.
· Must be a self‐starter with the ability to work independently and manage multiple assignments simultaneously.
· Proven record of problem solving with increasing levels of responsibility.
· Excellent management, decision‐making, communication, and overall interpersonal skills.
Trillium provides a generous compensation package that includes experience‐commensurate salary, 401(k), profit sharing plan, group life, long‐term disability, health, dental and vision insurance benefits, paid time off, and annual bonus potential.