ESG Research Associate
Trillium Asset Management is an investment management firm with $4.0 billion in assets under management as of December 31, 2020. Trillium offers investment strategies and services that advance humankind towards a global sustainable economy, a just society, and a better world. With a commitment to diversity since our founding in 1982, the firm has been at the forefront of ESG thought leadership and draws from decades of experience focused exclusively on responsible investing. Trillium uses a holistic, fully integrated fundamental investment process to uncover compelling long-term investment opportunities. Devoted to aligning stakeholders’ values and objectives, Trillium combines impactful investment solutions with active ownership. The firm delivers equity, fixed income, and alternative investments to institutions, intermediaries, high net worth individuals, and other charitable and non-profit organizations with the goal to provide positive impact, long-term value, and ‘social dividends’.
The ESG Research Associate plays an important role in Trillium’s fundamental equity research process, which includes the examination, interpretation, and integration of financial and Environmental, Social and Governance (ESG) factors. In addition to the primary responsibility of supporting our senior ESG Specialists with the implementation of all aspects of our related ESG processes, the ESG Research Associate will regularly communicate and coordinate with equity research team members, independent research providers, company management teams and non-governmental organizations as part of our primary diligence practices.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Supports the senior ESG team throughout all aspects our integrated ESG approach, including the creation and assessment of related data sets, execution of proprietary benchmarking studies and the completion of primary research used in both quantitative and qualitative analysis.
- Contribute to company specific reports, sector and market-level research papers, and related presentations to our Investment Management Committee
- Maintains, reviews, and archives ESG research materials
- Interacts effectively with our equity research, advocacy and fixed income specialists
- Three to five years of research analytics and/or involvement with responsible investing or related organizations
- Demonstrated interest in ESG investing
- SASB FSA credential preferred (or willing to begin active enrollment)
- Clear and concise written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to contribute in a supportive, team-based and detail-oriented environment
- Competence with Microsoft Office familiarity with Bloomberg, FactSet, MSCI and ISS applications preferred
- If you have additional experiences and qualifications that do not fit into the categories above, please highlight them in your cover letter
Trillium Asset Management LLC provides a generous, compensation package that includes 401(k), profit sharing plan, group life, long-term disability, health, dental and vision insurance benefits, paid time off and performance-based bonus program.
Please email cover letter and resume to: TAM_Research_jobs@trilliuminvest.com