Investment Analyst - Trillium Asset Management UK Limited
Trillium Asset Management is an investment management firm with $4.0 billion in assets under management as of December 31, 2020. Trillium offers investment strategies and services that advance humankind towards a global sustainable economy, a just society, and a better world. With a commitment to diversity since our founding in 1982, the firm has been at the forefront of ESG thought leadership and draws from decades of experience focused exclusively on responsible investing. Devoted to aligning stakeholders’ values and objectives,Trillium combines impactful investment solutions with active ownership. The firm delivers equity, fixed income, and alternative investments to institutions, intermediaries, high net worth individuals, and other charitable and non-profit organizations with the goal to provide positive impact, long-term value, and ‘social dividends’.
Our Edinburgh based team run global equity strategies using a proven process with a strong long term track record.
The Investment Analyst plays an important role in Trillium’s fundamental equity research process. The analyst will work collaboratively with our Portfolio Managers in Edinburgh to identify and appraise investment ideas globally (public equities), with a particular focus on sustainable growth in the healthcare and life sciences industry groups.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Compile bottom-up stock research with focus on business fundamentals, competitive advantage, management quality, financial health, resilience and valuation
- Ensure a regular flow of fresh & insightful new investment ideas.
- Monitor critical factors for portfolio and target firms.
- Support all aspects of our ESG research approach.
- Communicate insights concisely to colleagues both verbally and through written reports.
- Interact effectively with our portfolio manager, ESG and advocacy specialists.
- Maintain regular communication with company management teams
Our ideal candidate will either already be working in investment management/banking/broking or the healthcare or life sciences industries. They will have direct experience of investment appraisal and dealing with uncertainty. Culturally they must enjoy working as part of a small team within an entrepreneurial and collaborative environment, with the opportunity to make a big impact. The ideal candidate will share our desire to positively change the world through the allocation of active capital in public equities. Specific experiences we are seeking include, but are not limited to:-
- Demonstrated interest in Sustainability and ESG investing
- A background in healthcare/life sciences (under or post grad qualifications)
- One to five years of research or industry experience (minimum)
- Track record of insightful stock analysis
- Clear and concise written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to contribute in a supportive, team-based and detail-oriented environment
- Competence with Microsoft Office (in particular Excel) & familiarity with Bloomberg
- CFA exams or full charterholder preferred
If you have additional experiences and qualifications that do not fit into the categories above, please highlight them in your cover letter.
Trillium Asset Management provides a competitive compensation package.
Trillium Asset Management, LLC provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, pregnancy, maternity or marital status. We encourage applications from underrepresented groups.
Please note that any personal information provided in response to this advert will be collected and processed in accordance with our Privacy Notice.