Investment Manager, Private Client Business
This individual will be part of a six-person private client team (known as “AMC"). They will be responsible for developing and maintaining client relationships including helping to develop financial plans and investment policy statements, apply those decisions to Trillium client accounts and ensuring that client’s service needs are met. The individual will participate in prospecting and servicing clients in additional to ensuring that investments in client portfolios both meet the financial and ESG expectations of the client. The private client team focuses on high net worth individuals and endowment/foundation clients that are looking to establish a full service relationship with Trillium.
Job Summary/Responsibilities and Authority:
- Develop and present investment management proposals to prospective clients on the West Coast.
- Establish and maintain relationships with West Coast high net worth individuals, endowment/foundations and non-profit clients including coordinating periodic investment review meetings.
- Manage client portfolios in accordance to their investment policy statement (IPS), and recommend revisions to IPS as appropriate.
- Consult with clients to establish, implement and maintain investment guidelines designed to accomplish client goals and objectives.
- Oversee client portfolios including trade approval and cash flow management.
- Communicate investment results and market outlook to clients.
- Actively participate in the evaluation of investment opportunities for clients outside of what is managed by Trillium’s investment team including but not limited to mutual funds, private funds and community investments.
- Assist in the creation of relevant material for clients and prospective clients, such as reports, articles and white papers.
- Maintain a deep working knowledge of Trillium’s strategies and of outside manager strategies.
- Represent Trillium at industry events to both promote Trillium’s brand and to solicit new business.
- Contribute to Firm wide initiatives including Impact Reports, White Papers and Marketing Materials.
Knowledge and Skills Required:
- Strong public speaking, listening and interpersonal skills.
- Advanced understanding of public equity and fixed income portfolio construction, attribution and characteristics.
- Knowledge, fluency and passion for issues of corporate social responsibility.
- Minimum 4 years of relevant experience in financial services industry.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university.
- CFP, CFA or CIMA charterholder, or demonstrated commitment to obtaining within 3 years.
- Proficiency in MS Office – Word, Excel, PowerPoint.
- Organized with high attention to detail.
- Tact and discretion handling sensitive information.
- Desire and ability to travel.
- Desire and ability to work in a small company environment.
Trillium Asset Management LLC provides a generous, compensation package that includes 401(k), profit sharing plan, group life, long-term disability, health, dental and vision insurance benefits, paid time off and performance-based bonus program.
We will only consider applications with an attached professional resume and cover letter.**DO NOT CALL**