Shareholder Advocacy Specialist
About Trillium Asset Management
Trillium Asset Management offers investment strategies and services that advance humankind towards a global sustainable economy, a just society, and a better world. The firm has been at the forefront of ESG thought leadership and draws from decades of experience focused exclusively on responsible investing. Trillium uses a holistic, fully integrated fundamental investment process to uncover compelling long‐term investment opportunities. Devoted to aligning stakeholders’ values and objectives, Trillium combines impactful investment solutions with active ownership. Owned by Australian based Perpetual Limited, Trillium independently operates its US based investment management firm to deliver equity, fixed income, and alternative investments to institutions, intermediaries, high net worth individuals, and other charitable and non‐profit organizations. The firm’s true goal is to provide positive impact, long‐term value, and “social dividends” for investors.
The Shareholder Advocacy Specialist will be responsible for providing support to our shareholder advocates who are engaging Trillium’s holdings on corporate environmental, social, and governance (ESG) topics. The position also has internal responsibilities regarding research, proxy voting, and the investment process. The full time position reports to the Chief Advocacy Officer and will be located in Boston or Portland, Oregon.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Support our shareholder advocates in their work engaging Trillium’s holdings on corporate environmental, social, and governance (ESG) topics.
- Support Trillium’s proxy voting process including support of the development of our proxy voting guidelines, the execution of votes, and reporting.
- Produce reports and organize data for Requests for Proposals, impact reports, and other data requests. Help maintain the accuracy of Trillium’s advocacy information sharing with partner organizations.
- Support data/information organization and maintenance.
- Facilitate posting of materials to Trillium’s website.
- Provide copy editing and proofreading to the advocacy team members.
- Manage logistics and execution of filing shareholder proposals and meeting filing requirements.
- Research Trillium’s holdings with a focus on ESG performance, policies, practices, and impacts.
- Research public policy developments on ESG topics relevant to Trillium’s advocacy program.
- Keep well-informed of ESG topics, the state of shareholder advocacy, and policy developments.
- Contribute to the development and implementation of the annual advocacy plan, focusing on specific ESG concerns and companies.
- Support the integration of ESG factors into Trillium’s investment process.
- Contribute to Trillium’s marketing, compliance, and other materials for external parties.
- Excellent writing and oral communication skills.
- Excellent Excel, CRM, and data management skills. Familiarity with Microsoft Dynamic 365 and Power BI a plus.
- High ethical standards.
- Ability to prioritize, organize, and manage multiple projects.
- Detail-oriented, focused, and persistent work ethic.
- Commitment to environmental sustainability and social justice.
Trillium provides a generous compensation package that includes experience-commensurate salary; 401(k); profit sharing plan; group life, long-term disability, health, dental and vision insurance benefits; paid time off; and annual bonus potential.
To apply, please send an attached professional resume and cover letter to: TAM_advocacy_jobs@trilliuminvest.com